[Biostudent] Philosophy of Medicine is recruiting members

Biology Advising bioladv at uw.edu
Mon Oct 10 14:09:28 PDT 2022

Hello All!

Philosophy of Medicine is recruiting members, and we'd love for you to join the club! If you have registered before, no need to re-register for the quarter.
During meetings, we will be discussing case studies highlighting ethical dilemmas relating to present topics in healthcare (i.e. organ donation, animal models, abortion, etc.). We will also generate ideas about how a health professional might behave in a scenario.
This is a great opportunity for pre-health and pre-medicine students to learn about the roots of healthcare as well as sharpen their reasoning skills before entering potential graduate/medical school. You might even discover the reasons why you want a career in healthcare along the way. The hope is to see others' perspectives and to reflect on them.

*If interested:
Please visit https://huskylink.washington.edu/organization/-- <https://huskylink.washington.edu/organization/-->
Login using netid, and click "join".
You can also email us at ljoupp at uw.edu <mailto:ljoupp at uw.edu> or phgvo07 at uw.edu <mailto:phgvo07 at uw.edu> for more information.

Meetings are via Zoom. Meetings will be on Thursdays from 8:00pm to 9:00pm, and we will be meeting biweekly this Fall (4 meetings total). Hope to see you at our first meeting this Thursday, the 13th!

Cheers!
Philosophy of Medicine Leadership