[Biostudent] Free Money! Biology Undergraduate Awards Information - Autumn 2022

biolprog at uw.edu biolprog at uw.edu
Mon Oct 17 11:21:59 PDT 2022

Hi Biology Undergrads,

Reminder to submit your applications for the Autumn 2022 Biology Scholarships and Awards! Detailed information can be found on the Biology Undergraduate Awards website here: https://www.biology.washington.edu/programs/undergraduate/awards. Please note that we have made some changes to the faculty recommendations – this information can be found on the PDF award instructions.

Undergraduate awards are broken down into three categories:

1. Scholarships: provide tuition support and require demonstrated financial need and a copy of your FAFSA (NOTE: International students are ineligible for scholarships, as your FAFSA will return as "no need".)
2. Research Awards: support research expenses and registration/travel for conferences. An itemized budget table and budget justification with dollar amounts must be submitted for consideration.
3. Prizes: these have no expenditure restrictions and can be used at the student's discretion, but have specific requirements (see Ingrith Deyrup-Olsen Award and Franco Award)

If you are applying for multiple award categories, please include all materials for each category. Students are free to apply to as many awards as they are eligible for.

Autumn 2022 awards applications will be due by Monday, October 24, 2022 at 4:00pm. Late applications will not be accepted.

Questions? Please contact Joyce Antonio, joyceca at uw.edu <mailto:joyceca at uw.edu> .

Best,

Joyce