[Biostudent] LAST CALL: Spring 2023 Non-Profit Mentorship Program - Applications Close 2/10

biolprog at uw.edu biolprog at uw.edu
Tue Feb 7 11:56:44 PST 2023

LAST CALL: Spring 2023 Non-Profit Mentorship Program - Applications Close
2/10

Hi everyone,

Each quarter, the Career & Internship Center hosts industry mentorship
programs for students to learn about an industry and explore professional
development topics through small group mentoring (3-5 students per mentor).
For the Spring 2023 quarter, the following program is available to UW
Seattle students:

Non-Profit Mentorship Program

Apply by February 10th at 11:59PM

Are you passionate about supporting and advocating for underrepresented
communities and equitable access to resources? If so, join the Non-Profit
Mentorship Program to learn how your interests, skills, and strengths can
translate to a non-profit career, and explore professional development
topics to prepare you for your job or internship search.

Students interested in non-profit careers can select any number of the
following focus areas:

* Arts/Music/Theater
* Children/Youth
* Community Services
* Politics/Civics

Beginning in Spring 2023, the Industry Mentorship Program will be piloting
identity-based matching for students who identify as People of Color and/or
LGBTQIA+. Depending on preferences and mentor availability, students will
have the opportunity to be matched with a mentor that shares their
identity(s) or similar life experiences. As we continue to develop this
identity mentorship initiative, we hope to expand our programming to include
additional identity groups in future quarters.

Program Details

Participants will meet virtually with a mentor and small group of 3-5
like-minded students during spring quarter 2023. Must be available during
spring 2023 quarter on Tuesdays OR Wednesdays from 4:00-7:00PM to
participate.

Applications for the Spring 2023 Non-Profit Mentorship Program are due by
February 10th at 11:59PM.

Learn More <https://careers.uw.edu/industry-mentorship-programs/> & Apply

For additional questions and information, please email cicmentor at uw.edu
<mailto:cicmentor at uw.edu> .

Best,

Lauren

Lauren Sevilla (she/her)

Mentor & Alumni Engagement Program Manager

Career & Internship Center

lsevilla at uw.edu <mailto:lsevilla at uw.edu> / 206-543-9103