[Biostudent] SPRING 2023 Course: FISH 497B Special Topics: Evolutionary Ecology of Marine Mammals

biolprog at uw.edu biolprog at uw.edu
Mon Mar 6 15:43:57 PST 2023

FISH 497B Special Topics: Evolutionary Ecology of Marine Mammals

Instructor: Prof. Amy Van Cise (avancise at uw.edu <mailto:avancise at uw.edu> )

Explore the diverse and integral ecological roles played by marine mammals in our global aquatic ecosystems, from coastal and riverine to open ocean and deep ocean environments.

SLN 14813

3 credits

MWF 1230-120

Pre-reqs: Marine Biology/Ecology (FISH 250, BIOL 220, FISH 270, FISH 311, or equiv); Scientific Writing (FISH 290,
MARBIO 205, FHL 333, or equiv)

Request add code: https://tinyurl.com/safsaddcode <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/tinyurl.com/safsaddcode__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!iR2xrRT1smRrUZ0h_GW9ZS13mOOnpvz37dsd3ojD1XkGpO6H3bRqd0ad1caOMVVXOw4aqABFajfBT7TW1BH52O0$> (include courses taken to meet pre-reqs)

--

Samantha Scherer (she her), Assistant Director, Student Services and DEI
UW School of Aquatic & Fishery Sciences https://fish.uw.edu/students/advising/ <https://fish.uw.edu/students/advising/>

The University of Washington acknowledges the Coast Salish peoples of this land, the land which touches the shared waters of all tribes and bands within the Suquamish, Tulalip and Muckleshoot nations.

In support of Indigenous communities, I commit to protecting the environment; investing in tribal economies; electing officials that understand/support tribal governments, relationships, and laws; challenging and rejecting stereotypes about Indigenous people; educating myself and my family about the histories, cultures, and issues impacting Indigenous communities.