[Biostudent] Important Dates - WINTER 2024

Jason L. Patterson patterj at uw.edu
Mon Feb 26 19:53:52 PST 2024

Academic Services are available remotely via email, phone and Zoom. Our drop ins will primarily be through Zoom, and please note that appointments are limited at this time due to staffing changes.
Applying for graduation:
* Students need to submit a graduation application through a Biology adviser by the 3rd Friday of their final quarter. Email is the quickest way to process this request. We just need your name, student number and quarter of graduation.
* Advisers can submit a graduation application up to 3 quarters in advance of the estimated graduation date. We recommend submitting a graduation application early in order to receive Graduating Senior Priority (GSP) registration for 2 quarters. See the deadlines listed below or in the Academic Calendar for GSP.
* Email an adviser or visit Zoom drop-Ins to inquire about graduation applications. Be sure to include your student number and anticipated graduation date in the email.

If you plan to graduate in absolute Spring Deadline to apply is April 12, 2023. Contact an adviser to submit a graduation application. The deadline is April 7th for GSP registration for Summer and April 26th for Autumn 2024.

Winter 2024
BIOL 467 will have add codes removed prior to this Friday

* Feb 26: Registration Period 2 opens - Repeat, nonmajors, and cross campus available.
* March 8: Deadline to use Current Quarter Drop through MyUW
* March 15: Last day to convert a class in Winter 2024 to S/NS
* March 18: Summer Time Schedule available, may occur earlier
* March 20: Grades post officially to transcript
* March 25: First Day of Spring quarter
* April 7: Last Day to secure GSP for SUM 2024
* April 14: First Day of Spring quarter

Jason Patterson, M Ed. (He/Him)
Academic Counselor Senior, Department of Biology
patterj at u.washington.edu<mailto:patterj at u.washington.edu>
318 HCK, University of Washington, BOX 355320 Phone: 206-543-7767
http://www.biology.washington.edu/programs/undergraduate
Biology Zoom drop-in advising hours (10-15 min meetings):
Monday - Thursday 9 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
My Regular Drop in Zoom days: Tues, Thurs 1-4 pm, and Mon, Tues, Weds, Thursday 9-12pm.
Zoom link for those hours: https://washington.zoom.us/j/97207369544

Advising Sessions Via EMAIL, PHONE, and ZOOM. In person individual advising available by appointment only.

Appointments by request. Please include your name and student number in your emails.