[Biostudent] Study Abroad - Early Aut - Costa Rica/Olympic Peninsula: The Rainforest Microbiome

BIOLOGY bioladv at uw.edu
Thu Feb 29 17:39:35 PST 2024

Dependent on your option in Biology, this opportunity will be eligible to count towards your degree option, please speak to an adviser to see how it could apply to your option.

https://studyabroad.washington.edu/index.cfm?FuseAction=Programs.ViewProgramAngular&id=12245&_ga=2.183746726.1481539751.1708967511-1373718909.1682371343&_gl=1*ppf7j4*_ga*MTM3MzcxODkwOS4xNjgyMzcxMzQz*_ga_3T65WK0BM8*MTcwOTI1Njc2Ny4zMzQuMS4xNzA5MjU2Nzg2LjAuMC4w*_ga_JLHM9WH4JV*MTcwOTI1Njc2Ny4zMzQuMS4xNzA5MjU2Nzg2LjAuMC4w

"Hello biologists! There is a study abroad opportunity that we want to share with you. It is titled ESRM 489: The Rainforest Microbiome and takes place in Costa Rica and the Olympic Peninsula.

This 3-week Early Fall 5 credit class engages students in novel research while performing field and benchwork techniques related to ecology and microbiology. Students will compare tropical and temperate rainforest systems, practice crafting hypotheses based on observations, and conduct a variety of experiments. This is a great course for students looking for research experience and considering graduate school in the future. We are especially interested in growing our population of microbiologists in this course

Feel free to email mraimond at uw.edu<mailto:mraimond at uw.edu> or tournay at uw.edu<mailto:tournay at uw.edu> for questions."

----

Biology Advising
University of Washington, BOX 355320
318 Hitchcock Hall
http://www.biology.washington.edu/programs/undergraduate

Zoom drop-in advising hours (10-15 min meetings):

Monday - Thursday 9 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.

Join Zoom Meeting https://washington.zoom.us/j/97207369544

Advising Sessions via EMAIL, PHONE, and ZOOM. In person advising available by appointment only.

Please include your name and student number in your emails.