[Biostudent] Mary Gates Research and Leadership Scholarships: Join us for an info session this summer!

BIOLOGY via Biostudent biostudent at u.washington.edu
Mon Jun 17 14:08:12 PDT 2024

Are you an undergraduate student involved or planning to get involved in a research or leadership project? Join us for an info session to learn how the Mary Gates Research and Leadership Scholarships can support your activities! The Mary Gates Endowment for Students is offering the first info session this week (Thursday, June 20, 12-1pm on Zoom) and more sessions are scheduled throughout the summer ahead of the Autumn 2024 application cycle. RSVP here (https://expo.uw.edu/expo/rsvp/event/1276) for the time that works best for you.

The Mary Gates Research and Leadership Scholarships, supported by the Mary Gates Endowment for Students, are open to all UW undergraduate students, including all class years, all majors, and all residency statuses (US citizens, permanent residents, international students, and undocumented students are all eligible). We accept application twice during the academic year, in Autumn and Winter. Visit our website (https://expd.uw.edu/mge/to) to learn more.

Benefits
Mary Gates scholarships provide $5,000 ($2,500 per quarter for two quarters) for students to pursue leadership or research activities. These scholarships benefit students in the current academic year and connect students with a community of scholars and mentors.

Mary Gates Leadership Scholarship<https://expd.uw.edu/mge/apply/leadership/>: Students foster leadership development skills as they pursue a project or activity important to them and their community.

Mary Gates Research Scholarship<https://expd.uw.edu/mge/apply/research/>: Students engage in a research project to discover, articulate, and contribute their talents and ideas with the guidance of a faculty mentor.

Applications Open: Monday, August 26
Application Deadline: Monday, October 28 at 5pm
Letter of Recommendation Deadline: Wednesday, October 30 at 5pm

Information Sessions & Application Workshops
We offer several information sessions for students to learn more about the scholarships offered through the Mary Gates Endowment. RSVP here (https://expo.uw.edu/expo/rsvp/event/1276) for the time that works best for you. We will also offer application workshops in October. Check our website for updates.

Advising
Please send any questions or inquiries to mgates at uw.edu<mailto:mgates at uw.edu> and visit our advising page to schedule an appointment (https://expd.uw.edu/mge/advising/). We are here to answer any general questions about the Mary Gates Scholarships or support you with components of the application. We look forward to connecting with you!

----

OLIVIA ALBIERO, PhD (she/her)
Assistant Director for the Mary Gates Endowment
Office of Merit Scholarships, Fellowships & Awards
Center for Experiential Learning & Diversity | Undergraduate Academic Affairs

Mary Gates Hall, Box 352803
Suite 171, Seattle, WA 98195
206.616.3925
albieroo at uw.edu<mailto:albieroo at uw.edu> / expd.uw.edu/mge/<https://expd.uw.edu/mge/>

For the Mary Gates Scholarships: Schedule an advising appointment with me here<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/MGE@cloud.washington.edu/bookings/__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!mCt1tpG2xQVlSV6CD6VJMy25l8BAjZ33HbJLf46iKTMKRXdKv1n2Uk3Nq5RGkUtEluJklMhUfhmpWRpXMOqC6P-wcrKJS08j$>
For Fulbright (Europe & Eurasia): Schedule an advising appointment with me here<https://expd.uw.edu/scholarships/applying/scholarship-advising/>

[signature_2908686904]