[Biostudent] Spring 2024 Scholarship newsletter #5

BIOLOGY via Biostudent biostudent at u.washington.edu
Tue May 21 12:33:30 PDT 2024

**FAO Schwarz Fellowship<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.faoschwarzfellowship.org/__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!mHjYko6vjsTyGgt4I2rR0WaKuAuJwFrd4NMK952Xe0OQg9jVV5XNMqJQ3k0Fmu9jVhFLm8bRbZHQdpfjfey4avEsK7aTzw$>: The Foundation supports outstanding recent college graduates with paid, two-year Fellowship positions each year. Fellows work at leading nonprofit organizations in three cities: Boston, New York, and Philadelphia. Alumni of the Fellowship program go on to hold leadership roles at nonprofit or public service organizations and programs, attend prestigious graduate programs, and start their own organizations. This selective, domestic Fellowship is one of a few programs of its kind focused on social impact leadership. Learn about the Fellowship program from current Fellows at an Info Session: Sign up here. <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.faoschwarzfellowship.org/infosessions/__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!mHjYko6vjsTyGgt4I2rR0WaKuAuJwFrd4NMK952Xe0OQg9jVV5XNMqJQ3k0Fmu9jVhFLm8bRbZHQdpfjfey4avHEQVhTsw$>

**Fashion Scholarship Fund 2025 application link: https://webportalapp.com/sp/25_fashionscholarshipfund<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/webportalapp.com/sp/25_fashionscholarshipfund__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!m95YBjZfkfxttwW9MD-w8JXgX18jH6DQSamNG1AjuaYi_3yQpNkWPJiYBLh7lXOd34DcB_fDpDsHyfSmGBFKOkstS7h7$>
FSF's Summer Scholar Series<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.fashionscholarshipfund.org/2023-summer-scholar-series-1__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!mHjYko6vjsTyGgt4I2rR0WaKuAuJwFrd4NMK952Xe0OQg9jVV5XNMqJQ3k0Fmu9jVhFLm8bRbZHQdpfjfey4avH7mHtJmQ$> launches on June 4th — it is eight weeks of robust virtual programming and consists of two components:

* Workforce Preparedness Courses: four virtual sessions dedicated to each of our FSF Case Study disciplines: Business Strategy, Design and Product Development, Marketing and Merchandising. Each class will include a panel discussion with industry professionals - providing an informative overview of a career in each of those fields. We'll then deep dive into the respective 2025 FSF Case Study Prompt to help prepare Scholar Applicants pursuing that discipline.
* Master Classes: these sessions, which will be featured throughout the eight-week program, will allow Scholars, Scholar Applicants and Alumni to hear from industry experts on relevant topics and current challenges of the industry.

**The Kennedy Drayton Scholarship<https://labor.washington.edu/kennedydrayton> provides $2,500 a year in financial support (renewable for a second year for a total of $5,000) to undergraduate students with financial need, incoming to the University of Washington, who demonstrate commitment to the principles of justice, equality, and diversity. The deadline for the scholarship has been extended to Monday, June 3.
More information, and link to the application form: https://labor.washington.edu/kennedydrayton
For any questions, please reach out to Sai Ahmed at ypahmed at uw.edu<mailto:ypahmed at uw.edu>.

**Are you interested in FUNDED graduate study, research or English teaching overseas?

Learn more about Global Fellowships Prep (GFP)<https://expd.uw.edu/scholarships/global-fellowships-prep/> and join a session<https://expd.uw.edu/scholarships/events/> to start the application process!
Fulbright Application Workshop - Study/Research Awards: Tuesday, May 21, 2024, 4 – 5 p.m.

* https://washington.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYuceihqDMrGdK4hy6fVhLrIu77lgpXB89Q<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/washington.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYuceihqDMrGdK4hy6fVhLrIu77lgpXB89Q__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!mHjYko6vjsTyGgt4I2rR0WaKuAuJwFrd4NMK952Xe0OQg9jVV5XNMqJQ3k0Fmu9jVhFLm8bRbZHQdpfjfey4avGSWu7cdw$>
Fulbright Application Workshop - English Teaching Assistant Awards: Thursday May 30, 2024, 4 – 5 p.m.

* https://washington.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYofuyhqjovE9S9qMwlS5SIMOjbKkkntv7r<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/washington.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYofuyhqjovE9S9qMwlS5SIMOjbKkkntv7r__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!mHjYko6vjsTyGgt4I2rR0WaKuAuJwFrd4NMK952Xe0OQg9jVV5XNMqJQ3k0Fmu9jVhFLm8bRbZHQdpfjfey4avFtK3XSqw$>

**Are you are wondering how these overseas experiences connect with your broader professional goals? And also, how you can submit your strongest applications?

Join us on Wednesday June 5, 3:30-5 PM at an Ask an Advisor session!

Register here for the zoom link<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/washington.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYoc-uoqD8uHtEFB2Zg8stAQIMXntWZqdOE__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!mHjYko6vjsTyGgt4I2rR0WaKuAuJwFrd4NMK952Xe0OQg9jVV5XNMqJQ3k0Fmu9jVhFLm8bRbZHQdpfjfey4avHHm7OBSQ$> and drop in to brainstorm with us. Any and all questions welcome!!

Best Chetana, Robin, Alex and Olivia

Office of Merit Scholarships, Fellowships & Awards

Center for Experiential Learning & Diversity

Box 352803

Mary Gates Hall, Suite 171, Seattle, WA 98195

206.543.2603

scholarq at uw.edu   /  expd.uw.edu/scholarships