[eOutage] UPDATE: Some users may experience multiple issues with their Microsoft Teams

UW Information Technology's email notification service regarding widespread outages eoutage at u.washington.edu
Fri Jan 26 13:21:41 PST 2024

UW Information Technology is aware of an issue with Microsoft Teams
that began at approximately 9:45 a.m., which is causing multiple issues
with their Microsoft Teams application.
Microsoft is working to resolve the issues with Microsoft Teams, and
UW-IT is monitoring the issue with Microsoft. More information from
Microsoft is available on the Microsoft Service Health page:
[1]https://portal.office.com/servicestatus
Current status from Microsoft (updated 11:30 a.m. PST): Our monitoring
systems alerted us to an issue where users may experience various
impact scenarios in Microsoft Teams. We've identified that a portion of
the Microsoft Teams service is experiencing a networking issue. We've
completed a failover in the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA)
region and telemetry is showing improvement. We're continuing work to
failover service traffic in all affected regions to remediate impact.
Affected scenarios include, but are not limited to:
Users performing a cold boot may not be able to log into Teams and will
see an "oops" page.
Users logging in or unlocking their devices after some time may see
missing messages.
Users may fail to load messages in channels and chats.
Users are unable to view or download their media (images, videos,
audio, call recordings, code snippets).
Some messages may experience delays being sent.
Call Recordings might take longer to appear in user's OneDrive for
Business and SharePoint Online.
Bots may be unable to download attachments.
Sending and receiving read receipt notifications may be delayed.
Anonymous users may be unable to join meetings.
Teams connectors for Power Automate/Power Apps may experiencing errors.
For additional information pertaining to high priority incidents,
please visit the IT Connect Service Status page and consider signing up
for our eOutage mailing list to be notified of major computing outages.
[2]https://itconnect.uw.edu/help/servicestatus/
UW Connect Ticket: REF0545711
Next update: 01/26/2024 04:00 pm
For accurate and up-to-date information related to system incidents,
visit the UW-IT Service Status web page on IT Connect:
[3]https://itconnect.uw.edu/servicestatus/ or call 1-866-368-8243.
Replies to eOutage notifications are not monitored. If you need to
contact UW-IT, please use [4]Submit an Incident Report.
This message is also being sent to the internal UW-IT outage email
list.