[Foodplanning] Food Systems Journal (JAFSCD) Seeks Two Volunteer Associate Editors

Duncan Hilchey duncan at lysoncenter.org
Tue Oct 25 08:31:05 PDT 2022

ANNOUNCEMENT: Please Share with Colleagues

JAFSCD Seeks Two Volunteer Associate Editors: (1) AE for Social Media Engagement and (2) AE for Author Webinars

The Journal of Agriculture, Food Systems, and Community Development seeks two energetic volunteers to join our team as an Associate Editor for Social Media Engagement and as an Associate Editor for Author Webinars. If you are passionate about food systems and want to help members of our community connect with each other and to the work we publish, we hope you will consider applying for either position.

JAFSCD AE for Social Media Engagement

The key responsibility of this associate editor is to manage our social media program to more effectively connect stakeholders with JAFSCD content and broaden our readership. The AE of Social Media Engagement will use tools like author-written press releases, Altmetric, Hootsuite, and several social media platforms.

JAFSCD AE for Author Webinars

The key responsibility of this associate editor is to produce and cohost a quarterly webinar based on each issue of JAFSCD. The webinar will feature selected JAFSCD authors who will discuss how their work informs food systems research, policy, and practice. The webinar will be cohosted by the North American Food Systems Network, which will invite other scholars, students, and practitioners to engage in discussion with these authors.

Both associate editor positions are voluntary. An annual honorarium is offered, but applicants should see this as a skills- and résumé-building opportunity.

JAFSCD encourages individuals who self-identify as a member of any disenfranchised group (e.g., BIPOC, LGBTQ+, differently abled) to apply.

More information, including qualification and application details, can be found HERE.

More about JAFSCD

The Journal of Agriculture, Food Systems, and Community Development (JAFSCD) is the only peer-reviewed, transdisciplinary journal focused on food and farming-related community development. JAFSCD uses a double-blind peer review process, with expert reviewers who include researchers, scholars, and food systems professionals in the field. JAFSCD pioneered the community-supported journal model and is supported by a consortium of shareholder organizations from around the world.

JAFSCD emphasizes best practices and tools related to the planning, community economic development, and ecological protection of local and regional agriculture and food systems, and works to bridge the interests of practitioners and academics.

Duncan

Duncan Hilchey

Co-director, Lyson Center for Civic Agriculture and Food Systems

Editor in chief, Journal of Agriculture, Food Systems, and Community Development

Open access as a community-supported journal

Member, North American Food Systems Network

duncan at lysoncenter.org | 607-342-0259

The Thomas A. Lyson Center for Civic Agriculture and Food Systems is a fiscally sponsored project of the nonprofit Center for Transformative Action (an affiliate of Cornell University), and publishes JAFSCD and facilitates NAFSN.

Like JAFSCD on Facebook | Follow JAFSCD on Twitter

Like NAFSN on Facebook | Follow NAFSN on Twitter