[Foodplanning] Food Studies MS Program at Syracuse University Virtual Open House

Duncan Hilchey duncan at lysoncenter.org
Thu Oct 27 08:55:16 PDT 2022

Prospective graduate student applicants to the master of science in Food Studies program at Syracuse University are invited to attend a virtual information session on Thursday, November 10th from 6 PM-7PM EST, via zoom (registration link below). At the meeting, we will provide information on the program, including the application process, funding opportunities for 2023-2024, and a Q and A with faculty.

Please Register here to learn more about the program and admission requirements. For questions, please contact Laura-Anne Minkoff-Zern, Food Studies graduate program director lminkoff at syr.edu, or the admissions office at falk at syr.edu.

About the graduate program in Food Studies at Syracuse:

The 30-credit hour Master of Science in Food Studies curriculum focuses on the economy of food systems, including food governance, human rights, international trade, and food justice. Students develop skills and proficiency in how human health and nutrition, economic development, and the environment are shaped by local and global food policy, economic trends, and civil society. Additionally, we emphasize the development of competencies in research methods and program evaluation which magnifies graduate competitiveness for both Ph.D. academic positions and the job market. We pursue and welcome analyses that incorporate social justice, race, ethnicity, and gender and sexuality. The program culminates in either a graduate practicum or thesis.

David B. Falk College of Sport and Human Dynamics
Suite 340 White Hall
Syracuse, NY 13244
315.443.5555
falk at syr.edu