[Accessibleweb] Seeking user and developer feedback on ARIA live region technology before redesign

Hadi Rangin hadir at uw.edu
Wed Apr 5 22:03:43 PDT 2023

Hello friends,

Please take the survey below and encourage other colleagues who might have strong opinion about it. I know some of you do.

A colleague is looking for feedback on ARIA live regions that will help apply to a new standard that will hopefully help to address some gaps live regions currently have. If you have worked with these before and have opinions – good or bad – I’m sure it’d be very helpful for Microsoft to know! Similarly, if you know anyone that might have some thoughts, please do forward on to them!

This is an open collaboration between the two companies, despite it seeming “proprietary” with the way it’s worded. The hope is to come up with something (or at least start working on that Thing) that will work better for everyone in the end. 🤘 (And will hopefully become an open standard, as well.)

Thanks,
Hadi