[Athen] Print quotas and Low-Vision Students (I am sorry but I will be out of the office.)

Wayne Cocchi WCOCCHI at cscc.edu
Mon Jul 31 05:35:30 PDT 2006

Hello and thank you for your e-mail. I am sorry I can not respond to
you at this time. I will be out of the office Monday July 31. If you
wish to speak with someone you may call Darla Van Horn at 614-287-2570
(V/TTY) and you will be directed to the appropriate staff. Thank you
and have a good day.

>>> athen 07/31/06 08:32 >>>

Hello Everyone,

Our University's IT labs have recently instituted print quotas. It will
cost the student $0.04 per page to print using the lab printers. Each
student is given $20.00 per semester for printing. After the student
uses the initial $20.00 he/she will be assessed $0.04 per page. One of
our students with low-vision has asked an interesting equal access
question about the print quotas and I would be interested if other
universities have addressed this issue. The student would like to have
a larger print quota since he/she uses a larger font and would therefore
print more pages for a given amount of information.

David Schwarte

Name: David Schwarte
Address: 128 Memorial Mall Dr. Rm. 111
West Lafayette, IN 47907