[Athen] Print quotas and Low-Vision Students

Berkowitz, Daniel J djbrky at bu.edu
Mon Jul 31 06:14:43 PDT 2006

David,

We have set up larger print quotas for some of our students and it works
fine. The students are respectful of the accommodation and do not abuse
what they have been granted. Having them take care of their printing
needs is not only good for them personally but ultimately saves time and
money for all.

=========================
Daniel Berkowitz - Assistant Director
Boston University Office of Disability Services
19 Deerfield Street, 2nd floor
Boston, MA 02215

(617) 353-3658 (office)
(617) 353-9646 (fax)
djbrky at bu.edu (eMail)
www.bu.edu/disability

will

>cost the student $0.04 per page to print using the lab printers. Each

>student is given $20.00 per semester for printing. After the student

>uses the initial $20.00 he/she will be assessed $0.04 per page. One of

>our students with low-vision has asked an interesting equal access

>question about the print quotas and I would be interested if other

>universities have addressed this issue. The student would like to have

>a larger print quota since he/she uses a larger font and would

therefore