[Athen] how was csun

Wink Harner wink.harner at mcmail.maricopa.edu
Sun Mar 25 18:02:49 PDT 2007

Dear Athenites,

One thing I would have appreciated --and missed from last year's conference--
was evaluations. Had Keith & I known in advance no one was handing any out,
we would have prepared one of our own. No way for anyone to provide feedback
for the presenters OR to provide feedback to CSUN on their job either.

I suspect there may be lots of grumbling amongst the masses, and I would
encourage everyone to think in terms of PLUS-DELTAS instead of criticisms.
If you truly adhere to a PLUS-DELTA format (what did I like/what would I
like to see more of vs. what would I like to change --notice: there is no
"I did not like..." here!!) you will elicit a positive response both from
your own perspective and from the group you are critiquing. This technique
forces you into problem solving mode instead of critizing.

There are several things this year which I felt were done awkwardly/poorly/could've
been done lots better, but I'm going to think about what I would change before
just howling at it all! I wonder if there is a mechanism for us (all) to
provide feedback?

Thanks for letting me put my two cents in, everyone! It sure was great to
meet you all in person for the first time!! Hope to see (and hear) more from
you all in the future.

Blessings in abundance,

Wink
Wink Harner