[Athen] voice to text recorders

Dan Comden danc at u.washington.edu
Thu Mar 29 10:26:24 PDT 2007

If someone is doing this now, I'd like to hear how well it works. A unit
here on campus checked it out about a year ago for lecture transcription
to the web and the results were not useable. The existing technology still
seems to rely on a high quality microphone, consistent speaking
environment, and an experienced speaker in order to have good accuracy.

But -- I'd love to be wrong!

-*- Dan Comden danc at u.washington.edu
Access Technology Lab www.washington.edu/computing/atl/
University of Washington