[Athen] help with JAWS 9

Prof Norm Coombs norm.coombs at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 10:12:56 PDT 2008

My question on JAWS and images in Word is similar but different. In the
past I have inserted an image into Word2003. I moved the cursor till JAWS
told me I was at a picture. I used the ap key and one of the choices was
"format picture"
From there I could put in the text for the picture. I had not done it for
some time. Now When I get to the picture and do the ap key, format picture
isn't there as if Word doesn't know I am on the picture but JAWS leads me
to think that is where I am.

I may be using a different version of JAWS or I may have changed some
settings in JAWS or Word, but I am not able using JAWS to get the control
to format picture.

What am I doing wrong???

At 04:31 AM 7/1/2008, you wrote:

>Sean:

>It is a verbosity setting. As long as images have Alt Text, turning on the

>graphics: labeled and I also turn on the identification of objects. Note

>that depending on the images position on "the line" you may hear "slash"

>until you are right on the image/cursor is in a specific location.

>You'll need to set the verbosity for both Word 2003 and 2007.

>Let me know if you need any more help. I'm writing the "Word 2007 from the

>Keyboard book and have been using Office 2007 since its private beta days. I

>am also a JAWS user.

>Cheers, Karen

EASI Webinars http://easi.cc/clinic.htm
"What You See Is What You Get" Web Design a 4-part Webinar Series April 8

EASI April Online Month-long, Courses starting April 7:
Accessible Internet Multimedia: Podcasts, Vodcasts and Streaming
Train the Trainer
http://easi.cc/workshop.htm

Norman Coombs, Ph.D.
CEO EASI http://easi.cc