[Athen] ATHEN Annual Business Meeting 2008 Hi-Lites
dann at digilifemedia.biz
Sun Nov 16 11:40:20 PST 2008
This past week was the 11th annual Accessing Higher Ground conference in beautiful Boulder, Colorado . An important activity during the conference is the annual business meeting of ATHEN and this year was especially important. The minutes of the meeting are being deciphered and will be available on the organization website soon, but in the meantime here are a some hi-lites:
1. The revised Bylaws were approved by a unanimous vote of the quorum present.
2. The Standing Rules were also presented and met approval by the membership - these will continue to grow as the need arises.
3. Our colleague Saroj Primlani (of North Carolina State University) was honored as the second recepient of the ATHEN Lifetime Honorary Membership.
4. Accessing Higher Ground conference attandance continues to grow as does the number and quality of presentations. Be sure to check out the new Accessing Higher Ground blog .
5. ATHEN will be present in force at the ATIA conference in January of next year.
6. The latest edition of the E-Journal is well on its way to publication.
7. Because the new Bylaws were approved, a call has gone out for nominations for Officers. Contact Dan Comden for nominations as he is heading up the Election Committee.
8. Speaking of which, several committees created through the Bylaws attracted interest and I just want to thank the following members for stepping up as Chairpersons: + Elections: Dan Comden + Membership: Joe Humbert + Bylaws: Gaeir Dietrich + Publications: Teresa Haven + Professional Development: Ron Stewart Complete information about committees and other activities will be in the minutes. The Bylaws created additional Committees that are in need of leadership. If interested in heading a committee, or if you would like to join a committee and need to get in touch with the Chairperson, contact the ATHEN Secretary Dann Berkowitz (who also happens to run this blog). -------------------- Daniel Berkowitz Digilife Media, LLC 1 Bryant Avenue Bradford, MA 01835-7424 phone: 978-914-4601 e-mail: dann at digilifemedia.biz web: www.digilifemedia.biz
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the athen-list