[Athen] Arabic Screen Reading and OCR

Gaeir Dietrich gdietrich at htctu.net
Thu Aug 13 14:42:17 PDT 2009

Acapela does have an Arabic voice:
http://www.acapela-group.com/arabic-30-text-to-voice.html

The voice can be used with TextAloud.
http://www.nextup.com/

Here is a site with more information on actually using the voice and getting
it to run properly:
http://www.nextup.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5160

You will also need an Arabic keyboard (or at least the software equivalent)
to enter the letters properly.
http://zsigri.tripod.com/fontboard/arablpk.html

Good luck!

Gaeir (rhymes with "fire") Dietrich
High Tech Center Training Unit of the
California Community Colleges
De Anza College, Cupertino, CA
www.htctu.net
408-996-6043

The HTCTU provides leadership, training, and support to the California
Community Colleges in using technology to promote the success of students
with disabilities.