[Athen] new LinkedIn Group focused on mobile/handheld technology accessibility

Jennison Mark Asuncion asuncion at alcor.concordia.ca
Tue Dec 8 19:43:03 PST 2009

Hello,

Today's iPhone thread gives me a perfect opportunity to let folks know
that I recently setup a group on the professional networking platform
LinkedIn called the Mobile and Handheld Technology Accessibility Forum.

There are an increasing number of mobile and other handheld devices that
either have accessibility features built into them, or that support
software (e.g., software that reads what is on the screen) that enable
equal access to these technologies for users with a variety of visible
and non-visible disabilities. In addition, companies such as Google and
RIM are making frameworks and guidelines available to allow developers to
improve the accessibility of applications intended to run on these
devices. The objective of the forum is to provide a place to discuss and
share experience relevant to this evolving field from all perspectives:
developers, researchers, end-users, and so on.

 You can subscribe to the group at
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2484780 - If you are not already a
LinkedIn member, you will need to join.

Jennison