[Athen] Dragon/MathTalk/Scientific Notebook info

Larry Kiser larry.kiser at sfcollege.edu
Tue Jul 21 08:46:44 PDT 2009

Glenda:

I feel your pain. I am getting less than satisfactory support from our IT staff for computers in our AT lab and campus-wide stations. That being said, they have managed to install Dragon/MathTalk/Scientific Notebook on one computer in our Math lab where the applications operate as designed. I am forbidden to install or configure software because the 19 and 20 something gamers on the IT staff are the "experts" at doing so. Only 50% of the software they install works as it is suppose to and of the 50% that works the default settings are not the advanced settings that are most effective for students with disabilities. For what it is worth Section 508 is something you can cite.

Larry Kiser
Santa Fe College
Gainesville, FL