[Athen] Repost: Employment Opportunity: DOJ Web Content Manager, Civil Rights Division

Gaeir Dietrich gdietrich at htctu.net
Tue Aug 10 11:52:13 PDT 2010

Job Title: Web Content Manager
Department: Department Of Justice
Agency: Civil Rights Division, Offices, Boards, and Divisions
Job Announcement Number:
<http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.aspx?JobID=89804435&JobTitle=Web+Content+
Manager&q=web+manager&where=washington&x=96&y=11&brd=3876&vw=b&FedEmp=N&FedP
ub=Y&AVSDM=2010-08-04+00%3A03%3A00> 10-CRD-041(DEU)

SALARY RANGE:

$89,033.00 - $136,771.00 /year
This position will be filled at either the GS-13 or GS-14 grade level.

OPEN PERIOD:

Wednesday, August 04, 2010 to Friday, August 20, 2010

SERIES & GRADE:

GS-0301-13/14

POSITION INFORMATION:

Full-Time Permanent

PROMOTION POTENTIAL:

14

DUTY LOCATIONS:

1 vacancy - WASHINGTON, DC

WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED:

Applications will be accepted from United States citizens and nationals.

JOB SUMMARY:

All Civil Rights Division <http://www.justice.gov/crt/> offices are ideally
situated near metro stations or other public transportation, and are
conveniently accessible to restaurants, museums and other D.C. area
attractions. Most jobs in the Division offer alternative work schedules and
other family friendly opportunities are available. Most employees who
commute by public transportation are provided a transit subsidy benefit.

The Civil Rights Division is committed to upholding the civil and
constitutional rights of all Americans, particularly some of the most
vulnerable members of our society. The Division enforces federal statutes
designed to protect the civil rights of all individuals and prohibit
discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, disability, religion, and
national origin. Established in 1957, the Division has grown in size and
scope over the decades, and has been instrumental in many of our nation's
battles to advance civil rights, from the desegregation of our nation's
schools to the prosecution of hate crimes, from ensuring girls and women
have equal opportunities in schools and the workplace to guaranteeing that
individuals with disabilities can access civil services to which we all have
a right.
The primary goal of the Disability Rights Section
<http://www.justice.gov/crt/drs/drshome.php> is to achieve equal
opportunity for people with disabilities in the United States by
implementing the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Through its
multi-faceted approach toward achieving compliance with the ADA, this
Section works to make this goal a reality. The Section's enforcement,
certification, regulatory, coordination, and technical assistance
activities, required by the ADA, combined with an innovative mediation
program and a technical assistance grant program, provide a cost-effective
and dynamic approach for carrying out the ADA's mandates. The Section also
carries out responsibilities under Sections 504 and 508 of the
Rehabilitation Act <http://www.usdoj.gov/crt/508/508home.php> , the Small
Business Regulatory Enforcement Fairness Act, and Executive Order 12250
<http://www.usdoj.gov/crt/cor/12250.php> .

--------------------------------------------------------------------- This
message has been sent to members of the Web Content Managers Forum, a group
of government employees who manage the content of government websites. If
you would like to find out more about the Forum, including how to join,
visit WebContent.gov at http://www.usa.gov/webcontent/community/forum.shtml.
<http://www.usa.gov/webcontent/community/forum.shtml> Please note that the
Forum listserv is open only to federal, state, and local government
employees. We do not admit contractors or private individuals. If you want
to be removed from this listserv, please create a new message and address it
to: listserv at hudlist.hud.gov. The message should have NO SUBJECT, and the
text should read: signoff content-managers-l.