[Athen] online learning (Ozi, Selim)

Justin Reynolds Justin.Reynolds at COCONINO.EDU
Thu May 6 10:35:36 PDT 2010

Hi Selim,

I'd be interested to know which other distance learning systems you tested and what the results were. We're currently reviewing several options and accessibility is an important concern.

Thank you,
Justin Reynolds

-----Original Message-----

Today's Topics:

1. online learning (Ozi, Selim)

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 11:05:33 -0600
From: "Ozi, Selim" <sozi1 at mscd.edu>

Catalina,

Below I have outlined some issues Blackboard versus Jaws both running on earlier versions before Vista 9 and Jaws 11 !

At Metropolitan state college of Denver we are running Blackboard vista 9 for our distance learning system.

We had tested others as well and think blackboard is still the most compatible in accessibility.

The biggest challenge is to train faculty to create accessible course designs another one is some distant learners are still using jaws 5 or 6!

Blackboard has good accessible course design tools you can implement and train your faculty.

Selim Ozi.
Access Center , Library Suite 116
Disability Accommodations And Adaptive Technology for
Metropolitan State College of Denver