[Athen] Dragon with Windows 7

Nettie Fischer nettiet at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 14:22:15 PST 2011

Hello again,

I went through very short training session using the USB wired microphone
and surprisingly enough, dictation is more accurate hand appears with in the
document in a much shorter period of time, between 3 to 4 seconds to be more
exact.
This quick e-mail was produced using this system and the wired USB
microphone. I am now able to open a word document close word document save a
Word document or don't save; some of these options were not available using
the Bluetooth wireless microphone. Pooey! [Smile] :-)

Regards,
Nettie Sand

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 12:32 PM, Sean J Keegan <skeegan at stanford.edu>wrote:

> > yes, I am using a usb microphone.

> > its a logitech usb bluetooth

> Do you have the option of using a wired USB microphone to test if it could

> be the microphone?

> Something we encountered with moving from DNS 10 to DNS 11 - we had DNS 10

> with regular USB mics that used the computer's sound card and had good

> success with the speech recognition. When we moved to DNS 11, those same

> microphones did not perform as well and so I tried an Andrea USB microphone

> with integrated sound card (model NC-181VM USB). After making the switch to

> the Andrea USB mic, we have had no issues with the microphone and DNS seemed

> to function much more reliably.

> If you have the opportunity, you may try using a wired USB mic to see if

> that has an impact on DNS.

> You can always check the Dragon hardware compatibility chart to see how

> many "dragons" a mic scores (more "dragons" being better). The

> compatibility chart is available at:

> http://support.nuance.com/compatibility/

> Take care,

> Sean

> --

> Sean Keegan, M.S.

> Associate Director, Assistive Technology

> Office of Accessible Education - Stanford University

> http://studentaffairs.stanford.edu/oae

*Nettie T. Fischer, ATP
Assistive Technology Professional*
*RESNA Certified*