[Athen] Recommendations for a magnification product to enlarge the board for a visually impaired Student

Julie Balassa jbalassa at valenciacollege.edu
Fri Feb 3 13:11:59 PST 2012

We too use the Onyx although I'm not impressed with how fragile it is and how fragile its cart wheels are. We have requested some Zoom Twix units. We also use Elmo document cameras attached to a Dell monitor. We happened on this system when our Smart Rooms manager received the wrong Elmo document camera (supposed to mount in the ceiling and point down). The one he got had an inverted iris so it sat around for a while. We mounted it on a cart, attached a monitor, and viola, distance camera. Not sure of the cost off the top of my head but the college purchases them now since they go on the same PO as the docucameras.

jkb