[Athen] Alternatives to BlackBoard Secure Exam Browser with JAWS and ZoomText?

Teresa Haven Teresa.Haven at asu.edu
Mon Jun 11 12:00:56 PDT 2012

Hi, Mike. Due to the known incompatibility issues with AT and many of the secure exam browsers (ExamGuard, Respondus Lockdown, etc.) we regularly notify faculty that they may need to reconsider the use of such browsers overall ("are they really necessary?") or at least be willing to offer a workable alternative to a student who relies on AT. We also bring into the conversation the fact that the exam environment should be equivalent for the entire class - one student should not be forced to take an exam with a proctor in an on-campus testing center during business hours if everyone else gets to take it unproctored in their bedroom at 10pm if they so choose.

Hope this helps,

Teresa LW Haven, Ph.D.
Supervisor, Alternative Format Services
Disability Resource Center