[Athen] RE: Distance and online counseling options

Brian Richwine blrichwine at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 06:08:47 PDT 2013

We've discovered that how an Adobe Connect session is opened in the Web
browser itself increases the accessibility of Adobe Connect by quite a lot.
Apparently the Adobe Connect software has two possible user interfaces, and
one is coded for accessibility with screen-reading software. There is a
page on the OSU web site that discusses how to best use Adobe Connect with
screen-reading software and it includes information on how to invoke the
more accessible interface. The page is located here:
https://ocio.osu.edu/elearning/services/connect-pilot/resources/screen-reader/

That page mentions that to invoke the more accessible interface, add
?launcher=false to the session URL, prior to launching the session. For
example: https://osu-pilot-conc.adobeconnect.com/YourRoomURL?launcher=false.

-Brian