[Athen] RE: ALEKS

Sean Keegan skeegan at stanford.edu
Mon Mar 18 09:38:51 PDT 2013

> Oh, and MathPlayer does not seem to work at all in IE 10.

At CSUN, Design Science mentioned the lack of support for MathPlayer in IE 10 and said they were not expecting any changes going forward. While no one would say it outright, the message was that MathPlayer support would not be continuing in further iterations of IE.

I also found out that the Chrome browser dropped MathML support with version 25 (it was there for version 24) citing stability and security issues. MathJax seems to be the only real model for cross-browser support moving forward, but in terms of accessibility there are a number of issues. For assistive technology access, I see a need to move to supporting MathML directly as current options are dwindling.

Take care,
sean

Sean Keegan
Associate Director, Assistive Technology
Office of Accessible Education - Stanford University