[Athen] Accessibility of Various Library eText Platforms?

Kara Zirkle kzirkle1 at gmu.edu
Tue Mar 19 06:34:56 PDT 2013

Hello all,

We are currently in the same boat. We just met with the library and
began review of the major vendors and now have a listing of all A-Z
databases. We are looking at close 800 databases and almost 200
vendors. I've only begun searching for information on accessibility and
requesting VPATs from vendors. I figure that is a start to see how
quickly I receive something back to tell me where I need to start
reviewing. This is a complete mess since it involves major companies,
small mom and pop places and even government and universities databases.

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas I'm open!

Kara Zirkle
IT Accessibility Coordinator
Assistive Technology Initiative
Aquia Building, RM 238