[Athen] Suggestions for accessibility review vendors?
rsthompson2 at ua.edu
Tue Mar 3 08:03:34 PST 2015
I am looking for suggestions for vendors that offer web accessibility
review tools and or services, as well as any suggestions for how to choose
tools like these.
We need a tool/service that will:
* Allow site owners and content providers to run reports/audits on demand
as often as they would like.
* Work for password protected sites, dynamic content, and mobile content
* Allow for distributed administration (example: Social Work needs to be
able to access their report, but not Engineering¹s. I need to be able to
* Evaluate or at least identify the existence of PDFs, documents, media,
and other non-web page content.
Of course, any automated review results would be evaluated by a person; we
just need a way to get a starting point. The list of vendors I have so far
* SSB Bart
* HiSoftware (Cryptzone now?)
What requirements and potential vendors am I omitting? Any feedback is
Dr. Rachel S. Thompson
Director, Emerging Technology and Accessibility
Center for Instructional Technology
University of Alabama
More information about the athen-list