[Athen] Barnes and Noble and Accessible Information Management

Dimac, Marcie mdimac at kent.edu
Wed Oct 21 12:09:23 PDT 2015

[please forgive the cross-post]

Good afternoon all,

Our University has recently partnered with B&N as our bookstore for all of our campuses. Our office utilizes AIM (Accessible Information Management) as our database management system for tracking and managing accommodations for our students.

I am speaking with B&N and am trying to see if they are open to performing some type of sync with AIM so that when a student requests e-text, AIM is able to pull their book information (rather than our office manually locating this information for hundreds of books). They have asked me to reach out and see if any other Universities have used B&N with AIM.

Has anyone out there been able to sync this data successfully and if so, would you mind sharing how you completed this process?

Thanks!
Marcie Anne Dimac, M.A. Ed.

Coordinator, Assistive Technology
Student Accessibility Services
DeWeese Health Center, Room 23
Kent, Ohio 44242

Email: mdimac at kent.edu<mailto:mdimac at kent.edu>

Phone: 330-672-3391

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This e-mail message may contain confidential information intended only for use of the individual or entity named. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, please do not read, use, disclose, copy or distribute this message and do not take any action in reliance upon it. If you have received this transmission in error, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited. Please delete it from your system without copying or forwarding it, and notify the sender of the error by reply e-mail or by calling 330-672-3391.