[Athen] Barnes and Noble and Accessible Information Management

Shawn Foster fosters at sou.edu
Thu Oct 22 09:24:01 PDT 2015

The biggest problem with the whole equation isn't AIM- they can totally
work with a csv file upload and it's quite easy to do. The biggest problem
is the delays involved in getting information out of Barnes and Noble.
Here's how that process works here (assuming, of course, that faculty have
all been good people and put their book orders in on time...a big
assumption!):

1. I email bookstore manager to ask for booklist
2. Bookstore manager emails their corporate office to ask for approval.
3. File goes to the regional manager for approval
4. File gets sent to bookstore manager
5. Bookstore manager sends me file
6. I do quick cleanup and upload
7. Booklist changes because faculty changed their mind on a book or were
late in adding their orders - start at 1 again.

If you're in the negotiation process for their contract, push for a more
direct system. This one is ridiculous.
Good luck!
Shawn

*Shawn Foster*

Disability Resources Coordinator | U-CAM Coordinator

Southern Oregon University | 1250 Siskiyou Blvd | Ashland OR 97520
541-552-6213

Why I'm at SOU: http://youtu.be/Ski0MzPd5IM