[Athen] Table headings in GoogleDocs?

Russell Solowoniuk SolowoniukR at macewan.ca
Mon Apr 11 14:16:27 PDT 2016

Hi Susan,

As others have already mentioned, Google Docs seems to only be able to have the first row and first column of a table as headers,.

The following keystrokes may help your student access the information in these headers if she/he has a table with headers in the first row or column. I find that these shortcut keys don't always work as they should, but worth a try.

Speak the table column and row header
holding Ctrl + Alt + Shift, press T then H

Speak the table row header
holding Ctrl + Alt + Shift, press T then R

Speak the table column header
holding Ctrl + Alt + Shift, press T then C

Here is a site with a lot of keyboard shortcuts for Google Docs...

https://support.google.com/docs/answer/179738?hl=en

Hope this helps,

Russell

Russell Solowoniuk
AT Educational Assistant, Services to Students with Disabilities
MacEwan University
7-198 D4, 10700-104 Ave.
Edmonton, AB T5J 4S2
E: solowoniukr at macewan.ca
T: 780-497-5826
F: 780-497-4018
macewan.ca
This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential, personal, and/or privileged information. Please contact me immediately if you are not the intended recipient of this communication, and do not copy, distribute, or take action relying on it. Any communication received in error, or subsequent reply, should be deleted or destroyed.

>>> Susan Kelmer <Susan.Kelmer at colorado.edu> 4/7/2016 11:47 AM >>>

I had a blind student ask about this today, and I looked and don't see anything obvious. Is there a way to mark table headings in a Google Docs table?

Susan Kelmer
Alternate Format Access Coordinator
Disability Services
University of Colorado Boulder