[Athen] Math on a Mac -- updates? Is Office 2016 an option?

Foster, Julia jfoster at ocadu.ca
Fri Aug 26 15:16:13 PDT 2016

As an update to the below re: punctuation, the point that iOS VoiceOver doesn't read punctuation is incorrect. This might be something this group already knows, but here's my notes on this:
I just played around with it now, to turn on punctuation in VoiceOver

* In the VoiceOver settings, under Rotor, make sure there is a checkmark beside Punctuation

* Use the Rotor (two fingers doing a clockwise or counter clockwise motion to move to each next tick of the rotor) to select punctuation

* Swipe up or down to hear "All punctuation"

* Now VoiceOver should read parentheses and brackets (I only tested with parentheses read as "right paren" and "left paren")

Here's the webpages I found that helped:

* Google groups question re: punctuation<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/viphone/QbwG7ZipMgU>

* Apple help page re: punctuation and rotor<https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204783>

Have a good weekend,
Julia

Julia Foster, MScOT, OT Reg. (Ont.)
Coordinator, Vision Technology Service & SNOW
Inclusive Design Research Centre
205 Richmond ST. W., 2nd Floor, Toronto, ON M5V 1V3

Telephone: 416 977 6000 x3966<tel:416%20977%206000%20x3966>
Fax: 416 977 9844<tel:416%20977%209844>
Email: jfoster at ocadu.ca<mailto:jfoster at ocadu.ca>

Vision Technology Service<http://idrc.ocad.ca/index.php/services/33-services/57>
Employment Accommodation Service<http://idrc.ocad.ca/index.php/services/34-services/consultation/58>
SNOW<http://snow.idrc.ocad.ca/> - Education, Access and You!
Follow SNOW on Twitter<http://twitter.com/#!/SNOWocad> & Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/SNOW-Special-Needs-Opportunity-Window/159523477400278>!

OCAD University<http://www.ocadu.ca/>

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message is intended only for the named recipient(s) above and may contain information that is privileged,confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under law. If you are not the intended recipient(s), any disclosure, copying or distribution of this information or action taken in reliance on this information is strictly prohibited by the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and/or Personal Health Information Protection Act. If you have received this message in error, or are not the named recipient(s), please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for your co-operation.