[Athen] Tagging Scripts & Plays

Natalie Hebshie natalie_hebshie at emerson.edu
Thu Dec 8 13:36:35 PST 2016

Hi there,

I am working to make PDF's accessible for an online course in screenwriting. I'm wondering if there are any conventions when it comes to tagging a screenplay in Adobe Acrobat. Should the character names be headers? Action paragraphs? Sceen headings? Transitions? Here is an example of what that looks like in context: https://www.writersstore.com/how-to-write-a-screenplay-a-guide-to-scriptwriting/

If you haven't tagged screen plays but have tagged a literary play, I'd be interested in hearing how you do that as I would think it's somewhat comparable.

Thanks in advance for any insight you might all have.

-
Natalie Hebshie
Creative Instructional Designer
Emerson College