[Athen] Tagging Scripts & Plays

Russell Solowoniuk SolowoniukR at macewan.ca
Thu Dec 8 14:34:11 PST 2016

Hi Natalie,

As a screen reader user, I don't think I'd want the character names to be marked up as headings. I'm not sure about the other elements.

Thanks,

Russell

Russell Solowoniuk
AT Educational Assistant, Services to Students with Disabilities
MacEwan University
7-198 D4, 10700-104 Ave.
Edmonton, AB T5J 4S2
E: solowoniukr at macewan.ca
T: 780-497-5826
F: 780-497-4018
macewan.ca
This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential, personal, and/or privileged information. Please contact me immediately if you are not the intended recipient of this communication, and do not copy, distribute, or take action relying on it. Any communication received in error, or subsequent reply, should be deleted or destroyed.

>>> Natalie Hebshie <natalie_hebshie at emerson.edu> 2016-12-08 2:36 PM >>>

Hi there,

I am working to make PDF's accessible for an online course in screenwriting. I'm wondering if there are any conventions when it comes to tagging a screenplay in Adobe Acrobat. Should the character names be headers? Action paragraphs? Sceen headings? Transitions? Here is an example of what that looks like in context: https://www.writersstore.com/how-to-write-a-screenplay-a-guide-to-scriptwriting/

If you haven't tagged screen plays but have tagged a literary play, I'd be interested in hearing how you do that as I would think it's somewhat comparable.

Thanks in advance for any insight you might all have.

-
Natalie Hebshie
Creative Instructional Designer
Emerson College