[Athen] Salesforce accessibility

Bourne, Sarah (ITD) sarah.bourne at state.ma.us
Fri Jun 3 09:11:18 PDT 2016

Salesforce has been used for a few solutions for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in the past few years, and those projects have been able to address deficiencies in the out-of-the-box experience with configuration, customization, or both. And there weren't that many deficiencies. We have found Salesforce to be very responsive to our accessibility concerns, especially for the things we could not address ourselves. Personally, I can't think of another company that has been as easy to work with.

Salesforce is in many ways more of a development platform than a ready-to-use product, so you will want to do baseline testing so you know where the problems are and make decisions about how to address them as you put it together for your purposes.

sb
Sarah E. Bourne
Director of IT Accessibility, MassIT
Commonwealth of Massachusetts