[Athen] FW: Vision Impaired Students - Zoomtext

Susan Kelmer Susan.Kelmer at colorado.edu
Fri Jun 17 06:56:21 PDT 2016

Hi Kitara.

Most of the time, graphs can be described by their data. Graphs are just one way to show data. Giving her the raw data that makes up the graph will be the way to go. It can be done as straight text, or as a simple table. That is all a graph really is.

When working with visually impaired students, we need to move away from trying to represent all visual material in some sort of visual way. Most of the time, that is not going to be effective. As a sighted person, I still prefer the data, rather than the charts and graphs, because the details are right there in black and white for me.

Susan Kelmer
Alternate Format Access Coordinator
Disability Services
University of Colorado Boulder