[Athen] Dragon and music notation software

Shelley Haven ShelleyHaven at techpotential.net
Wed Mar 23 14:34:49 PDT 2016

I haven’t specifically used Finale with Dragon NS, but since most if not all of the commands have keyboard shortcuts, you ought to be able to create application-specific voice macros for these commands so that, for example, saying “jump to previous measure” enters a shift-left arrow. After creating these (and there will be a lot), I recommend that the student train each of them through vocabulary training.

Here’s a summary of Finale shortcuts:
http://www.finalemusic.com/UserManuals/Finale2012Win/Content/Finale/Keyboard_Shortcuts_and_Special_Mouse_Clicks.htm

- Shelley

Shelley Haven ATP, RET