[Athen] accessibility of Silverlight Microsoft plugin

Puzzuoli, Al alpuzz at msu.edu
Wed Sep 7 09:59:42 PDT 2016

Hello Adina,
I do believe that in theory, you are correct in that it depends on how the developers coded the app; However, I will say that as an end user of screen readers myself, my gut reaction to any mention of systems relying heavily on Flash or Silverlight is to immediately cringe. Examples that truly work well with screen readers are few and far between. Another issue to consider is cross platform accessibility. I believe Silverlight is completely inaccessible on the Mac, and I'm not even sure if it exists for iOS or Android.

Al Puzzuoli
Information Technologist
Michigan State University,
Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities, 120 Bessey Hall East Lansing, MI 48824-1033
517-884-1915
http://www.rcpd.msu.edu