[Athen] Adding captions to YouTube videos you don't own

Preast, Vanessa vanessa.preast at dmu.edu
Mon Jan 30 08:21:11 PST 2017

Hello Adam,

Although I haven't tried it personally, a colleague of mine has recommended Amara as an overlay for YouTube videos. Supposedly you can add transcripts into Amara and it will show the caption and transcript over the youtube video. I think the YouTube video may have to be listed as public for it to work....

http://amara.org/en/

Let me know if the tool meets your needs.

Best,
Vanessa