[Athen] Save the Date

Lissner, Scott lissner.2 at osu.edu
Sun Jun 11 09:51:55 PDT 2017

The Eighteenth Annual
Multiple Perspectives on Access, Inclusion & Disability

April 17 & 18, 2018

The Columbus Campus of The Ohio State University

Invites your participation in a broad exploration of these themes in the context of disability

What is Equality?

"We know that equality of individual ability has never existed and never will, but we do insist that equality of opportunity still must be sought." President Franklin D. Roosevelt.

What is Inclusion?

“Congress acknowledged that society's accumulated myths and fears about disability and disease are as handicapping as are the physical limitations that flow from actual impairment.” Justice William J. Brennan, Jr.

What is Access?

“Congress understood in shaping the ADA, it would sometimes require not blindfolded equality, but responsiveness to difference; not indifference, but accommodation.” Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

The Annual Multiple Perspectives Conference is made possible by the ongoing support of The Ohio State University and the Ethel Louise Armstrong Endowment Fund

L. Scott Lissner,
The Ohio State University
ADA Coordinator and 504 Compliance Officer
Associate, John Glenn School of Public Affairs
Lecturer, Knowlton School of Architecture, Moritz College of Law & Disability Studies
Board, Center for Disability Empowerment & VSA Ohio
Chair, Public Policy Committee, AHEAD

(614) 292-6207<tel:(614)%20292-6207>(v); (614) 688-8605<tel:(614)%20688-8605>(tty) (614) 688-3665<tel:(614)%20688-3665>(fax); Http://ada.osu.edu<http://ada.osu.edu/>
21 East 11th Ave., Columbus, Ohio. 43210