[Athen] can libraries get electronic copies of physical books from publishers for swd?

Adina Mulliken am2621 at hunter.cuny.edu
Mon Mar 13 08:15:50 PDT 2017

Thank you, Wink!

Now I'm wondering why the disability office has to request the pdf instead of the library. Could anyone help me understand if there is a legal reason for that?

Thanks again!

Adina

Subject: Re: [Athen] can libraries get electronic copies of physical

books from publishers for swd?

If the library has a hard copy, the SWD can check it out. Then DSS orders the PDF from the publishers. They have fulfilled the "in possession of"

clause of the copyright. Does this help?

Wink Harner

Foreigntype at gmail.com<mailto:Foreigntype at gmail.com>