[Athen] Anyone having problems scanning with newer Adobe Acrobat Pro?

Susan Kelmer Susan.Kelmer at colorado.edu
Tue Apr 17 11:45:08 PDT 2018

Thanks, Bevi. All of these steps have been tried already. The sheer volume of support requests on this issue via my searches on Google is eye-opening. Anyone using the newer DC versions of Acrobat Pro are running into this regardless of scanner type used (reports are showing up with Panasonics, Dells, Canons, and others). This is an Acrobat issue, not a scanner/scanner driver issue. And there is apparently no fix. I did find a workaround, wherein I can scan if I already have a PDF open in Acrobat Pro (any PDF will do). I just have to remember to uncheck the "append to current document" checkbox. I am already missing my ancient, slow, prone-to-jamming Canon with Capture Perfect...it did a better job than Adobe Acrobat ever will, it appears.

Susan Kelmer
Alternate Format Production Program Manager
Disability Services
University of Colorado Boulder
303-735-4836