[Athen] Zoombombing prevention

Karlen Communications info at karlencommunications.com
Mon Apr 6 11:05:09 PDT 2020

I got a post from Zoom on the weekend that starting on the weekend or with the Zoom update, a password will be required by default so if you don’t want one, you’ll have to turn it off and every meeting will have a waiting room by default which you would again have to turn off if you don’t want it.

I’ve also started registration for general Zoom meetings/not with my students but will be using the password moving forward.

Once caution about using the password, I did some online training and everyone could use the password except me and the captioner…Not sure what was going on but always get into your Zoom meeting rooms ahead of time to troubleshoot things like this. The organizers of the Zoom meeting had to cancel the meeting they planned, recreate the meeting but this time turn off the password. Fortunately it was me, the captioner and a room full of participants but demonstrates what can go wrong. 😊

Cheers, Karen