[Athen] Accessible weather & pressure systems maps

Corsi, Annissa G - (acorsi) acorsi at email.arizona.edu
Mon Feb 10 10:46:07 PST 2020

Good morning all!

We have two blind/low vision students taking an Atmospheric sciences course this semester. This class will be looking at and learning about weather patterns and part of this is learning about 500 millibar maps which are supposed to give a large-scale picture of the weather pattern over the US. We are in the process of setting up a meeting with the instructor to go over what are the essential components of the course and the learning goals surrounding the use of the maps. I've attached an example image to this email. The professor has indicated that color is not important for this course, but the lines, numbers and their geographical placements are.
Has anyone encountered this type of map before and what have you done on your campus? Do you know of any online or other accessible resources that the students might use? (One student is an online distance student)
Thanks in advance!

Annissa Corsi, M.Ed.
Alternate Media Coordinator | Disability Resources
The University of Arizona
520-626-8988 | acorsi at email.arizona.edu<mailto:acorsi at email.arizona.edu> | drc.arizona.edu<http://drc.arizona.edu/>