[Athen] does Gmail mess up reading order in PDFs when previewing?

Thaddeus Nelson thaddeus.nelson at stonybrook.edu
Tue Mar 24 06:10:38 PDT 2020

This seems likely. The preview in gmail is terrible, and no one should use
it. A constant problem I face is that people use it to print exam and it
omits images, reorders texts, or omits entire sections.

Unless you are absolutely sure the PDF is only plain text, I would avoid it.

*Thaddeus Nelson, PhD*

*SASC Coordinator*

*Student Accessibility Support Center*

128 Educational Communications Center

Stony Brook NY 11794-2662

Office: 631.632.6748

*Thaddeus.Nelson at stonybrook.edu <Thaddeus.Nelson at stonybrook.edu>*

*Division of Student Affairs*

Studentaffairs.stonybrook.edu <https://studentaffairs.stonybrook.edu/>

Facebook <https://facebook.com/sbustudentaffairs> | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/sbu_osa> | Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/sbustudentaffairs/>

Adjunct Instructor, Department of Social Science and Criminal Justice,
Suffolk County Community College

[image: Stony Brook University logo] <https://www.stonybrook.edu/>