[Athen] Vista Higher Learning and other introductory Spanish products and accessibility

Jeremy Zhe-Heimerman Jeremy.Zhe-Heimerman at cortland.edu
Tue Sep 22 12:51:39 PDT 2020

Hi folks,

Has anyone had any luck with introductory Spanish products out there that are accessible with JAWS?

We have run into problems with Vista Higher Learning and I'm wondering if folks are aware of alternative solutions.

This is a situation where the department has built their entire curriculum on VHL and we have a new student who needs to take 4 semesters of Spanish, but the content is not accessible. We are wondering if we will need to have the department create their own accessible content or if there are accessible alternatives they could purchase instead.

Thanks!

Jeremy Zhe-Heimerman (he, him, his)
Assistant Director, Disability Resources
SUNY Cortland
Memorial Library, Room B-204
O: 607-753-2358 | F: 607-753-5495
jeremy.zhe-heimerman at cortland.edu<mailto:jeremy.zhe-heimerman at cortland.edu>
Disability Resources Homepage<http://www2.cortland.edu/offices/disability-resources/index.dot>
AccessCortland Faculty Portal<https://shibboleth-cortland-accommodate.symplicity.com/sso/faculty>
AccessCortland Student Portal<https://shibboleth-cortland-accommodate.symplicity.com/sso/>

Follow Us: Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/accessiblecortland/> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/AccessCortland> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/accessiblecortland/>

Confidentiality Note: This email may contain privileged and confidential information that should not be copied or forwarded without consent.