[Athen] Link Accessibility Question

Michele Bromley michele.bromley at pdx.edu
Tue Aug 17 09:49:11 PDT 2021

Good morning, all!

Apologies for cross-posting. I'm working with a client who is really
committed to making their HTML degree maps as accessible as possible. There
are several external and in-page links in their template. We've discussed
descriptive link names that clearly indicate purpose, etc. We've also
discussed the importance of naming links differently/uniquely if they lead
to two, separate destinations.

In one of their course tables, there are three, separate links in three,
separate cells that refer to courses in a series (e.g. English 101, English
102, and English 103). Each of these is an in-page link to a note below the
table that applies to the entire series.

I'm having trouble remembering whether or not it's a problem for
differently named links to lead to the same destination. Any clarity you
can provide would be helpful!

Best,

Michele

Michele Joy Bromley, CPACC

IT Accessibility and Content Lead

Office of Information Technology (OIT) <https://www.pdx.edu/technology>

Portland State University (PSU) <https://www.pdx.edu/>

[image: Portland State University logo]

Phone: 503-725-8395

Email: help-accessibility at pdx.edu

Website: pdx.edu/accessibility/digital
<https://www.pdx.edu/accessibility/digital>

“The power of the Web is in its universality. Access by everyone regardless
of disability is an essential aspect.” ~ Tim Berners-Lee