[Athen] Mozilla Hubs VR

Heather Mariger heather.mariger at chemeketa.edu
Thu Mar 18 14:26:33 PDT 2021

Greetings,

I am cross listing this question so I apologize if you get it twice...

We are really excited by the potential for using VR as an online course
tool and have been experimenting with Mozilla Hubs. Mozilla does have
an accessibility
team <https://blog.mozilla.org/accessibility/hello-world/> so they are
aware of inclusion and appear to be designing with accessibility in mind. I
also found this article: Using Mozilla Hubs with a Screen Reader
<https://equalentry.com/mozilla-hubs-with-screen-reader/>.

However, I thought I would turn to the experts to get your thoughts on the
tool and to get any insight into the functionality of, or info about, the
accessibility features for Hubs.

Thanks,
H.

*Heather Mariger*
*Digital Accessibility Advocate*

*Pronouns: She/Her*

*Center for Academic Innovation*
*Chemeketa Community College*
*4000 Lancaster Drive NE - 9/126A*
*Salem, OR 97305*

503.589.7832

*Diversity is being invited to the party; inclusion is being asked to
dance. *
Verna Myers, author and speaker

[image: Chemeketa Community College Logo - Wearing is Caring - Mask Up!
#chemeketacares.]